Decoded: The Science Behind Why We Buy
In this groundbreaking book Phil Barden reveals what decisionscience explains about people’s purchase behaviour, andspecifically demonstrates its value to marketing.
He shares the contemporary research on the motivations behindconsumers’ choices and what happens in the human brain asbuyers make their decisions. He deciphers the ‘secretcodes’ of products, services and products and brands to provide an explanation for why peoplebuy them. And in spite of everything he shows how to apply this knowledge in dayto day marketing to great effect by dramatically improving keyfactors such as relevance, differentiation and credibility.
- Shows how the contemporary insights from the fields of BehaviouralEconomics, psychology and neuro-economics provide an explanation for why we buy whatwe buy
- Offers a pragmatic framework and guidelines for day-to-daymarketing practice on how to employ this knowledge for moreeffective brand management – from strategy to implementation andNPD.
- The first book to apply Daniel Kahneman’s NobelPrize-winning work to marketing and advertising
- Packed with case studies, this can be a should-read for marketers,advertising professionals, web designers, R&D managers,industrial designers, graphic designers in truth anyone whose roleor interest specializes in the ‘why’ in the back of consumerbehaviour.
- Foreword by Rory Sutherland, Executive Creative Director andVice-Chairman, OgilvyOne London and Vice-Chairman,Ogilvy GroupUK
- Full colour throughout
Author Binding Brand EAN EANList Edition ISBN ItemDimensions Label Languages Manufacturer NumberOfItems NumberOfPages PackageDimensions PackageQuantity ProductGroup ProductTypeName PublicationDate Publisher Studio